Simmons Bank was founded in 1903 in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, with the first day’s deposits of $3,338.22. Today, Simmons has approximately $21.9 billion in total assets with more than 3,000 associates across seven states. But still, we take pride in being a community bank that just happens to have the strength of one of the premier banks in the region. By investing in our friends and neighbors, Simmons Bank empowers local leadership to make decisions at the local level. For more than 100 years, we’ve worked hard to help make our customers’ dreams come true – dreams like buying a home, starting a business or simply having the ability to manage your money safely and securely, anywhere you happen to be.
A HISTORY OF GROWTH & INNOVATION
Throughout our history, we have had the great privilege of partnering with many financial institutions that share similarities with Simmons Bank, including a rich history of outstanding customer service and a commitment to the communities we call home. This growth has allowed us to substantially enhance our ability to provide innovative and quality financial products and services to our customers.
- 1903 – Simmons Bank is founded in Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- 1922 – Simmons Trust Department officially opens
- 1953 – Simmons opens its first drive-thru at the main branch in Pine Bluff
- 1967 – Simmons becomes the first bank in Arkansas to offer Visa® cards
- 1974 – Simmons opened its first ATM in Pine Bluff
- 1982 – The first personal computer was purchased by the bank, a Radio Shack TRS 80
- 1983 – Simmons First Mortgage Company was started
- 1984 – The first intercontinental ATM transaction was made by Simmons customer Mary Stone. She made a transaction in Australia that traveled 31,000 miles in six seconds.
- 1992 – Simmons First National Corporation stock began trading on the NASDAQ stock exchange
- 2010 – Simmons acquires Southwest Community Bank (Springfield, MO) and Security Savings Bank FSB (Olathe, KS)
- 2012 – Simmons acquires Truman Bank (St. Louis, MO) and Excel Bank (Sedalia, MO)
- 2013 – Simmons acquires Metropolitan National Bank (Little Rock, AR)
- 2015 – Simmons acquires Delta Trust & Banking Corp. (Little Rock, AR), Community First Bancshares, Inc., Liberty Bancshares, Inc. (Springfield, MO), and Trust Company of the Ozarks (Springfield, MO)
- 2016 – Simmons acquires Citizens National Bank (Athens, TN)
- 2017 – Simmons acquires First South Bank (Jackson, TN), Southwest Bank (Fort Worth, TX) and Bank SNB (Stillwater, OK)
- 2019 – Simmons acquires Reliance Bank (Des Peres, MO)
- 2020 – Simmons acquires Landmark Bank (Columbia, MO)
RECOGNITIONS ACROSS OUR REGION
We’re honored to have been recognized in communities across our footprint, and are especially proud of our employees who have claimed top honors. View more recognitions.
AT A GLANCE
What started as a small, hometown bank in Pine Bluff, Arkansas more than 100 years ago has grown strong ever since, spreading our footprint across seven states with more than 200 locations.
SIMMONS NATIONAL BANK
APPROXIMATE TOTAL ASSETS
AT 501 MAIN STREET
PINE BLUFF, AR 71601