LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – On Tuesday, the Little Rock Touchdown Club revealed its 2018 speakers at a news conference in the Simmons Tower lobby in downtown Little Rock. David Bazzel, the club’s president and an inductee into the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame, announced that University of Arkansas head football coach Chad Morris will kick off the club’s 15th anniversary season on Monday, August 20 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in west Little Rock.
Simmons Bank is the lead sponsor of the Little Rock Touchdown Club for a fifth consecutive season. The Little Rock Touchdown Club serves as the Arkansas chapter for the National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame.
“Today highlights a very special relationship between the Little Rock Touchdown Club and Simmons Bank,” said George Makris, the chairman and CEO of Simmons First National Corp. “This club is one of Arkansas’ premier sports organizations, led by one of Arkansas’ greatest ambassadors, and Simmons is proud to be a part of connecting football fans across our state.”
The Little Rock Touchdown Club meets at Embassy Suites, located at 11301 Financial Centre Parkway in Little Rock. Membership dues start at $75 and can be paid online at LRTouchdown.com. Lunch is served at 11 a.m. each week with the program beginning at 11:50 a.m.
The Little Rock Touchdown Club began in August 2004 when a small group gathered at what was then the Little Rock Hilton to discuss football. The club now has more than 400 members.
Other speakers for 2018 include:
- Monday, August 27: Rawleigh Williams III - Arkansas
- Tuesday, September 4: “Mean” Joe Greene - Pittsburgh Steelers
- Monday, September 10: Hugh Freeze - Ole Miss, Arkansas State
- Monday, September 17: Hunter Yurachek - Arkansas
- Monday, September 24: Ed “Too Tall” Jones - Dallas Cowboys
- Monday, October 1: Blake Anderson - Arkansas State
- Monday, October 8: Larry Csonka - Miami Dolphins
- Monday, October 15: Earl Campbell - Houston Oilers
- Monday, October 22: Nathan Brown - UCA
- Monday, October 29: Steve Atwater - Denver Broncos
- Monday, November 5: SWC Hall of Fame Induction
- This will mark the fourth consecutive year for the club to host the Arkansas inductions into the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame, which is headquartered in Waco, Texas.
- Monday, November 12: Mack Brown - Texas, James Street Award
- Monday, November 19: Jim Mora - Atlanta Falcons, UCLA
- Thursday, January 10: Barry Sanders - Detroit Lions
About Simmons Bank
Simmons Bank is an Arkansas state-chartered bank that began as a community bank in 1903. Through the decades, Simmons has developed a full suite of financial products and services designed to meet the needs of individual consumers and business customers alike. Simmons has grown steadily to approximately $16.2 billion in assets (as of June 30, 2018) and today operates approximately 200 branch locations throughout Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. Simmons is the subsidiary bank for Simmons First National Corporation (NASDAQ: SFNC), a publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. For more information, visit http://www.simmonsbank.com/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT
CAROLINE P. MAKRIS
VP/Manager Marketing & Communications